When I began my blog, I didn’t have any specific goals in mind. Okay, maybe I hoped the end result would be a million followers and a six-figure book deal. But really, I started because I am a writer and I have words, thoughts, and ideas banging around in my head all the time, begging me to lead them in a dance on the page (or computer screen). So, I write, not knowing who will read, whether or not they will enjoy it, hate it, be bored by it, or just ignore it. Then something comes along, like this award, and I learn that someone is not just reading, but liking my blog! The lovely Anna at I’m Not Lost, I’m Just Exploring, was kind enough to nominate me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Thank you, Anna, for making my day.
I’ll jump right in; here are the award’s rules:
First: Link back to the page that nominates you (see above)
Second: Post the award image (that’s above, too)
Third: Share 7 random facts about yourself. It’s been a great month for my blog – this is my second award – and the other award called for random facts, too. This is the hardest part, but here goes:
1. I have an uncanny ability to memorize song lyrics. And my singing voice is pretty decent, I’ve been told.
2. I’ve wanted to be a writer since I was 7. I still write fiction when I can find a bit of spare time.
3. The only time I’ve had long(ish) fingernails was for my wedding. Piano lessons for 8 years, then years of basketball, then I became a physical therapist – for me long fingernails are impractical and uncomfortable.
4. I’m not a big fan of chocolate covered fruit. I’m a purist. I like my chocolate unadulterated. Though Will at Eclipse Chocolate is challenging me on this one. (Shameless plug for my friend’s amazing San Diego café)
5. I love thunderstorms.
6. If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, I’d be cool with tacos.
7. I like making scrapbooks.
The last part of the award: Nominate 15 other blogs and inform them about it. This one is tough, too. Lots of great blogs out there, and I just nominated eleven with the Liebster Award. Here are 15 more that are definitely worth checking out; they range from wildly popular to virtually unknown, but I like them all:
Go check them out, spread the blog love!